“Learning with the World, Not Just About It” – A #WLPSict Inquiry

cc licensed ( BY NC SA ) flickr photo shared by Stuck in Customs

As some of you will know, I am working with a local school in Perth, Western Australia, as a temporary ICT Integrator.

My Year 5/6 students are researching Asian countries, and I’m hoping to introduce them to global connections through a simple inquiry project.  I’d like to use Skype and Edmodo, but given that this isn’t my own class, I’m keeping things relatively simple (for now at least!).

Over the past week, almost all of my students have contributed some questions to a class Google Doc, which I’m sharing with my PLN around the world. While their questions barely scratch the surface, I hope that this project will start to raise awareness of global perspectives and connections within the school, with a view to forging deeper connections in future.

If you are a teacher or a student living in one of these countries, or you know someone who does, could you help answer my students’ questions?

You can access the public Google Doc here.  Thank you!

• Malaysia
  • Mongolia
  • Myanmar (Burma)
  • Vietnam
  • India
  • Nepal
  • Japan
  • Laos
  • Thailand
  • South Korea

Cross posted at The Global Classroom Project

2 responses

1. Fantastic project! I’ll be getting some of my Year 4/5 class onto the googledoc in the next few days to have a look and comment where they can. (About half, or more, of my students are Asian immigrants.)