Six months ago, I’d never heard of the Reform Symposium Virtual Conference; the fantastic, FREE, online global education conference presented by teachers for teachers.
That all changed when I attended #RSCON11 in January this year; an event which attracted 4 100 global participants, and marked the birth of my Twitter PLN.
And, now to my amazement, I find myself presenting alongside some world-leading global educators at the next Reform Symposium (#RSCON3) in late July 2011.
So, what’s it all about?
The Reform Symposium e-Conference is about sharing, learning, and connecting with inspiring educators around the world. You don’t need to pack a bag, catch a plane, or pay a cent. You can even attend in your pyjamas! All you need is an Internet connection.
To find out more, visit the Reform Symposium website; where you can:
- Find the official #RSCON3 schedule for your time-zone
- Meet the presenters, and
- Download the flyer to share with your colleagues and staff.
My #RSCON3 Presentation:
“What the heck is a PLN?” – Personal Learning Networks for Educators
- Are you a new teacher, feeling isolated and alone?
- Are you an experienced teacher looking for new ideas and inspiration?
- Are you interested in sharing ideas and collaborating with other teachers on global projects?
- Are you tired of falling asleep in boring professional learning seminars?
- Have you heard about Personal Learning Networks or PLNs? Feeling lost, confused, wondering where to start?
Then please, join me at #RSCON3, as I
- Share my ‘new teacher’ PLN story, and explain “What the heck is a PLN?”
- Explore the technologies which underpin my global connections
- Explore some of the global projects and learning made possible by my PLN; and
- Facilitate a global discussion about how PLNs have influenced teachers’ professional practice around the world.
This is an opportunity for new and experienced teachers alike to learn, share, and connect.
I’d love to see you there!
For Australian teachers, Reform Symposium 3 runs from July 30 – August 1, 2011.
I will be presenting on Day 1 (just before the closing Keynote) at 8.30AM – Saturday, July 30 (GMT/UTC+8).
This time and date will VARY depending on your time-zone. Please click here to find out what time this is for you.
In the meantime, I urge you to check out the Reform Symposium website, follow the #rscon3 hashtag on Twitter, and share the official Conference flyer with your Principal and colleagues.
Please, spread the word! This is the only serious professional learning which you attend in bed! And it’s worth it!
I’ll be attending #RSCON3. Will you?